"Life is the total sum of what you do with the moments given you." - Erwin Mcmanus

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fresh Starts

I haven't written in sooo long.

I lost inspiration for blogging, but it's slowly coming back.

Instead of recapping my life and the holidays, I'm going to start fresh beginning with the new year.

This year our family is doing the Daniel fast which is where you only eat vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, quality oils, fruits, soy products, whole grains with no leavening agents and drink distilled water or purified water. So that means no meat or animal products, all dairy products, all sweeteners, bread (other than pita's and the like), fried foods, all solid fats (butter, margarine etc.), carbonated beverages, coffee, and tea. So far it's been really good although I will admit i'm a lot more hungry than normal, but I think that's probably good since I tend to eat a lot :). It's helping me to refocus on my relationship with God, and on what my body really needs.

So I guess those are two of my resolutions for this year. Seeking God with all of me, and being healthy. I might share my other resolutions at some point, but today I need to get going on some projects.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Emily

Also, if you're interested in learning more about the Daniel fast here's a link: http://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci de vos commentaires!