"Life is the total sum of what you do with the moments given you." - Erwin Mcmanus

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Three things by caryrandolph

1. I gravitate to the button-down shirts in soft, almost threadbare fabrics, the kind that drape in all the right places, as perfect for the beach as a black-tie ball. I wear them unbuttoned to that point at the sternum that might be inappropriate if I lean over the asparagus and feel like raising hell. To build your own library of button-downs, start with a plain white broadcloth, find the fit you love, and rarely deviate. Avoid darts.
2. All I ever really want to drink is ice cold water. Arnold Palmers on holidays.
3. Mom tells us to marry men who are proud of us. I think I want to marry a man who, after the lights are turned off, can still keep me up for hours talking and laughing. We used to do that when we were kids, and we’d prop the phones on our pillows and talk and talk till the sky turned dawn gray. Talk about nothing and name our children and tell the old stories, gossip, laughing, lying next to each other. Roll over and raise our arms and count fingers silhouetted against the light from the street lamp that shines through the window. Fall asleep mid-sentence, something sweet on our lips. These are always the nights that I fall completely in love.

I especially like the third. Too bad I'm a hopeless case when it comes to manlys. Oh bother.

-emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci de vos commentaires!