"Life is the total sum of what you do with the moments given you." - Erwin Mcmanus

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

West Coast Adventures!

My trip to the west coast was wonderful! I went with my friend Rebecca to check out Stanford for grad school (for her, not me), and we had a great time!

We wandered around Stanford. Something that can take a good bit of time, seeing as it's the second largest campus in the world. It is simply beautiful! I would go to school there just so I could walk around campus everyday.

We also got to spend some time in San Francisco, which was a lot of fun. We tried to squeeze in as many tourist-y things as we could: Lombard St., both bridges (The Golden Gate and Bay Bridge), Alcatraz, fisherman's wharf, pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Union Square, Cable cars...it was a busy trip.

We were also very proud of ourselves for managing the whole trip without a car. Shout out to the Caltrain!

Although I'll be super sad when Rebecca heads out to Palo Alto in the fall, I'm really looking forward to visiting her and that beautiful bay again.

Here are some pictures I took of the sights.







Hope you're having a lovely day!

~Katie

1 comment:

  1. ahh! san fran. i want to go!
    p.s. are you at all interested in going to philadelphia with me and mom and dad the weekend of april 17th? i just looked up a ticket from raleigh to philly on southwest and it looks like you could do it for about $140.
    anyway, i know it's a long shot, but it would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete

merci de vos commentaires!