"Life is the total sum of what you do with the moments given you." - Erwin Mcmanus

Monday, May 17, 2010

Musical Mondays

Philip Glass

Since I've put off most of my Music Appreciation work until now, I've been listening to composers all day which has been quite nice. Today I found a composition by Philip Glass and I love it! Here's a brief bio: Philip Glass is an American composer who's composed music for his own musical group, as well as operas, musical theater works, eight symphonies, eight concertos, solo works, string quartets and film scores. He's considered one of the most influential composers of the late 20th century. Also, random trivia, he has lived in American, France, India and Nova Scotia. His pieces are repetitive and I really enjoy them. You'll have to see for yourself though, or rather listen for yourself. 




-Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci de vos commentaires!