"Life is the total sum of what you do with the moments given you." - Erwin Mcmanus

Monday, November 30, 2009

(Belated) Thanksgiving List

I know we didn't post much about Thanksgiving, but we had a very nice long weekend. Our Dad's sister and her family came down from Delaware to spend the holiday with us, and it was super fun! We really didn't do too much, just hung out and enjoyed each other's company (and watched quite a bit of the office). Altogether a very enjoyable weekend.

However I realized that although i had posted a Christmas list I never wrote a Thanksgiving list. How backwards is that?

So here's is my thankful list:


  1. God, He is amazingly faithful and has brought me so far this year. I can't begin to express how incredibly grateful I am for a God who loves me in spite of myself.
  2. My family. They are awesome, and that's a fact. They help me through the hard times and rejoice with me during the good times.
  3. Friends, I've got some great friends. I'm discovering (as I get older) the difference between fair weather friends and good friends and I have been blessed with several good friends that make my life richer just by knowing them.
  4. Music! I'm deeply in love with music. It thrills me to no end when i realize that i will never run out of new music to discover and familiar songs to sing my heart out to.
  5. Good health. Although I was sick a few times this year, altogether I have very good health. Two of my uncles have gone through really rough times health-wise in the last year, but they are both wonderfully recovered or recovering! Praise God!
  6. My church. My family is incredibly blessed with an wonderful church. 


All-in-all I am a very, very blessed individual. I too often dwell on the negatives instead of the positives.

 I'm reading a book about family living in the slums of South Africa and the more I read the more I realize how incredibly blessed I am. I have food and a home and freedom.

And i did absolutely nothing to deserve everything I've been blessed with, which makes me even more thankful, I deserve nothing of what God has given me, yet he continually blesses me.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, never take for granted what you are blessed with, never cease being thankful. Look for ways to bless others. Stop focusing on what you don't have and appreciate what you do!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci de vos commentaires!