"Life is the total sum of what you do with the moments given you." - Erwin Mcmanus

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

parachutes

it's rainy here today...ick
the bottom 6 inches of my pants are wet.
i'm pretty sure uncc does not want me to get into any of the classes i need.
my economics class has ceased to be even mildly interesting (which is why i'm writing this during class).
and i have a headache.


i've been in a pretty negative mood this morning. after trudging around campus in the rain all morning, going back and forth between the psychology building and the geology building trying desperately to get into the classes I need (which seem to have filled up two days before i could register) i was ready to give up, skip classes and go home. but i didn't feel like walking all the way to the parking deck where my car was (I'm not that lazy, it was miserable walking conditions). so here i am in class, where, while surfing facebook i found this:



John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." Often, we may overlook that this is a conditional statement. "believes" is the condition, meaning "to TRUST in". Being saved isn't an accessory like a watch you wear but more like a parachute when you jump out of a plane. Do you hold on to Jesus like a watch or a parachute?



posted by my friend kevin




it made me feel so much better, because today (and every day) i really need Jesus as my parachute.




No comments:

Post a Comment

merci de vos commentaires!